Sunday, January 17, 2010
The first week has been Basic Safety Training.
1. Practice safe behavior onboard ship.
2. Respond appropriately and effectively to emergencies onboard ship.
3. Demonstrate an awareness of unique features of ship living pertaining to safety.
4. Practice safety techniques in fire fighting strategies and water survival strategies.
5. Demonstrate competence in using safety gear and equipment.
6. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of CPR and Fist Aid.
THIS IS OUR CLASS IN FIRE FIGHTING GEAR
On January 8, 2010 arrived in Texas at the Mercy Ships main campus, to attend Gateway Program described as "missionary training." Specifically stated "Our purpose is educate, equip, and empower future staff and crew of Mercy Ships." There is a farm here with cows, chickens, sheep and rabbits.